Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing 8: RSS Feeds & Readers

Google reader, and readers in general are my absolute favorite new thing I have created as a result of the two 23 THINGS projects I have completed/am working on this summer. I loved them so much that I have plans to make them for my in-laws and I made one for my husband as a surprise. He loves it too, and in fact, he is reading it right now!

What I like about readers is that I save time by not bouncing around the Net finding my favorite pages, that I will not miss anything that gets archived if I do not remember to go to my favorite pages in time, and that I can get it all done at ONE site! Whoo hoo!

I am already using it in my personal life to follow blogs I like, and I have of course added professional blogs and sites as well--since I really enjoy my profession (school librarian) reading about it is both a professional and a personal endeavor!

Teachers and administrators would use just like I am to save time and keep informed. Libraries could set up a library account that could be accessed by students (or staff) to read blogs or site updates that may be of interest to them. The librarian could set up readers for teachers to view in the library by subject area, or for kids hobbies or sports, or even one that promoted healthy lifestyle choices for children. Of course, teaching the teachers to set their own would be a big help as well! The possibilities are endless!

I am already using it in my person life to follow blogs I like, and I have of course added professional blogs and sites as well--since I really enjoy my profession (school librarina) reading about it is both a rofessional and a personal endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment