Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 22: Ning

Ning is not a place I will return to often--okay...possibly never.

It was a waste of time for me.

I looked around at library sites, yoga sites, gardening sites, religious sites, and cooking sites. I saw nothing that I could not have seen elsewhere with less time and less searching. I think this assessment of mine may be more of a reflection of my personal style. I am not a big "discussion board" person. Although my graduate school used them a lot for assignments, I understand how they work and I do participate; however, I do not have the time or inclination to search through or follow a group on Ning. Zero interest here for me.

I see the draw for those who do have the time or inclination because there is a plethora of information and people willing to talk bout their experiences. It is way to much personal info and personal opinion for me. I'll be just fine with the blogs and Rss feeds I have already.

I'm sure this sounds pretty negative, and I'm okay with that. :-) Surely we will not all love each Web 2.0 application that we try. Some of them will not be worth our time-- reference Doug Johnson's killing his Twitter account (about which i commented below.). Not all tools fit all people's style and pattern of usage. It's okay not to love or use them all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment