Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 17 Rollyo

WOW.

That was cool.

I made a search engine geared towards finding library lessons for elementary kids. It is public at http://rollyo.com/mylibrarylady/elem_library_lessons/

I'm a little speechless. That was so very, very cool. (Told ya I was speechless.) I tried it out with a few searches I am bound to do in the next couple of weeks since I am a newbie to the elementary world, and it worked GREAT! Many thanks to the L2P person who created a teaching vid about it--that was very helpful, my friend! You saved me a lot of time. And since I am trying to finish this activity set up tonight (I did a different 23 things earlier this summer) I am happy for all the help I can get!

This has wonderful potential for use with teachers both in and outside of the four walls of the library or lab. I love to find things for people on the Net, and this way I can que my favorite sites in a Rollyo and search for my teachers, or send them my Rollyo link so they can search for themselves and save time. This is a great tool on many levels!

Of course the use for kid research is obvious-- save time for them by setting up a Rollyo that uses reliable sites and once they have used these sites, let them compare their results in Rollyo to their results in Google. Teachable moments-- here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment