Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing 11 Library Thing

Library Thing is HUGE.

It's cool, but it is too big for my taste. I prefer Shelfari for it's ease of use and more graphic interface, and I use it on my school sites.The very cool things on LibraryThing that are better than Shelfari are the cloud tags, the recommendations, and the direct links to discussions about a given book. I also like that you can check your collection form your cell phone. Very, very cool.

A theme I keep finding as I do the exercises in this Library2Play set are how much time these time saving sires take to use/enjoy. It seems the more time we are able to save with service like these, the more we find ways to spend that saved time. I am not compelled to spend/waste time on Librarything because the format of it is so uninviting to me, but many other sites we have explored do compel me to spend my time and energy there. So far the only thing I think would be a great use of time and a time saver for me is the Google reader.

I think that Library Thing does offer a lot of great options for people who are inclined to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment