Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 23: Summarize Your Thoughts About This Program

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises in the learning journey?
The exercises using images (including mash ups) were favorites because our kids are so visual! Learning to meet them in that word will help us get our messages across. I also loved Google Reader—which I knew about but never took advantage of—now I’m hooked! And Rollyo really was a surprise favorite.

2. How has this program assisted of affected your lifelong learning goals?
This program was a perfect fit for my learning goals for this summer. I got hired on to a new district this summer, and I had already begun the North Texas 23 Things. I finished that one and then began this one (pardon my late-ish finish!) and I enjoyed them both. There was very little cross over in terms of what we were asked to do. Having the lessons on line and having help available if I needed it were just right for summer at-your-own-pace work.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
One word: Rollyo. Cool to the nth degree and very helpful and easy. I cannot WAIT to use it at school with my teachers!

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Nothing. I thought the instruction was wonderful, the background info was just right, the links to help were perfect. Nothing shorted and nothing wasted.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
In a heartbeat. Thank you for offering it to those of use outside SBISD. Your generosity will affect many, many school children in a positive way. I appreciate all the hard work that went into this endeavor and I am honored to have completed it.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use you words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Valuable. This program allows you to learn what you need to learn, in your own time, at your own pace, for your own edification: worth every minute you spend.

7. Now go and comment on some of the other player’s blogs.
On my way….

No comments:

Post a Comment