Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 5 Flickr



Flickr is a great site for finding images that I can use in my work. I like the labeling system through Creative Commons that many people use. Searching for the pictures by going through the Creative Commons filters first seems like your best bet for finding an image you can legally use. This can be a time consuming process, since there are three categories that you are allowed to use if you are doing something like we are doing in this Thing 5--not altering or using for commercial use; so to find a picture you have to choose one of the filtered groups and start looking. However, I think most people just put their search term in the box and do not know (or do not care) about copyright issues.

Then again, if photographers were worried about people using their work without following copyright rules, I guess they would not post to Flickr.

Hmmmm.... well, I do know the rules and I am glad to be able to use a site like Flickr. I will post the photo I chose (including the attribute) by screen-shotting the large version that included the photographers name and copyright info.

No comments:

Post a Comment