Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #2

RE: the presentation 7 1/2 Habits-- which one is the habit among the 7 & 1/2 that is easiest for me and the one which is hardest.

I think all of the habits are great theoretically. "Begin with the end in mind" is probably to hardest for me because I often jump in to do or try things just to see if it will work. I don;t always have a goal in mind. if I do have a goal in mind, I don't have trouble changing the goal if the experience warrants a change, Flexibility is just as valuable as beginning with the end in mind.

The easiest one for me is "Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner." I think I may have an addiction for which there is no 12 step program...lifelong learning. After a BA, an M.Ed, a MS in LIS and certifications in several subject areas, I'm still not exactly sure what I want to be when I grow up...but I am having a lot of fun trying and learning new things.

I have recently accepted a library job in a new town where I will be the certified librarian for two elementary schools. That is a very new and exciting challenge for me since all of my experience is secondary, and only three of my 20 years is as a librarian. I have a LOT to learn, and sometimes it seems a bit daunting, but most of the time it is just plain exciting!

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! This is my fourth time back to school for a new degree and I am still not sure of what I want to be when I grow up either. Right now the goal is super-librarian!

    ReplyDelete